A great savory breakfast option is avocado toast. With the right toppings and seasonings, avocado toast can be a delicious, nutritious breakfast option. With 0g of fat, 0g of sugar, 4g of protein and 3g of fiber, pumpernickel or rye bread is a great option for diabetics. This recipe only takes 10 minutes and is super filling!
- Pumpernickel/rye bread
- ½ avocado
- ¼ tomato
- Salt and pepper
- Lime/lemon juice
Step By Step Instructions:
- Put your bread in the toaster and begin to cut your veggies.
- Slice or mash your avocado
- Slice your tomato and place both the avocado slices and tomato slices onto the toasted bread
- Add sprouts and lemon juice
- Add salt and pepper and that’s it!
© Avineet Ghai, 2021 Pre-med Student Intern at San Mateo Primary Care and Apollo Health Care Center