Have an appointment with Dr. Padam? Click here to join your Virtual Appointment
Dr. Gurpreet K. Padam MD, FAAFP, DipABLM – founder of Home Based Medicine and a Certified National Diabetes Prevention Program (DPP) Lifestyle Coach, is a board-certified Family Medicine and Lifestyle Medicine sub-specialist with a postdoctoral Palliative Medicine Fellowship training from the Interdisciplinary Stanford/VA Palo Alto program and a mini-fellowship in Ethno-Geriatrics from the Stanford Geriatric Education Center. She is a pioneer in Home Based Medicine with over 20 years of experience in Adult Medicine and serving the homebound and home limited individuals.
- Diplomate-American Board of Family Medicine
- Diplomate-American Board of Lifestyle Medicine
- Fellowship-Hospice and Palliative Medicine
- Educator, facilitator and ambassador of Applied Compassion Training at The Center for Compassion and Altruism Research and Education at Stanford University.
- Certified National DPP Lifestyle Coach – Certified to facilitate the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) approved evidence based curriculum to prevent Type 2 Diabetes 2021
- Home Based Medicine – House call doctor for the homebound.
Dr. Padam brings compassionate Telehealth and Home Care to the homebound. House-call doctors are rare, and with our Home-Based Medicine services, our clients receive adult primary care services in the home to the extent possible.
- Lifestyle Medicine – focuses on improving one’s health and wellness by incorporating lifestyle changes such as nutrition, activity, sleep hygiene, stress management and community building to manage, reverse and treat particular lifestyle-related chronic diseases.
A pioneer in Home Based Medicine, Dr. Padam has over 20 years of experience in Adult Medicine and serving the homebound. Her experience includes serving as a Medical Director for a prominent Bay Area Home Health and Hospice organization. In 2006 she joined a very large Bay Area health care organization as Medical Director of Inpatient Palliative Care and eventually expanded to add an outpatient services. Shortly after that, she was involved in launching the Home Based Primary and Palliative Care Program. Additionally, she has experience working with those with a severe illnesses as Hospice Medical Director and Attending Physician in Adult Primary Care. She served as Physician Wellness Champion for the department of medicine. She was involved with various hospital committees dedicated to improving safety, quality, and patient experience.
“The privilege of caring for patients of various life stages has taught me many valuable lessons. I am convinced that it is never too late to enhance a person’s well-being and quality of life. Each person is unique, and there isn’t a “one size fits all”. That is why I foster a supportive partnership with my clients in goal setting and designing a collaborative plan to meet their health care needs.”
Dr. Padam likes to incorporate food as medicine in her life and encourages others to adopt healthier life habits. She offers Lifestyle Medicine, Health, and Wellness consultations for adults. She believes it’s never too late to improve one’s health. As a result, along with compassion and kindness, she includes food as medicine in the comprehensive plan for health maintenance and chronic disease prevention strategies.
Dr. Padam serves in a leadership capacity for various local, county, state and national non-profit organizations. She is an advocate for healthcare legislation, bridging health care disparities, and improving access to care for all people. She appreciates the tenderness of the physician-patient relationship. Unsurprisingly, her favorite part of practicing medicine is getting to know people and learning what’s important to them.
- Board of Directors – San Mateo County Medical Association
- House of Delegates – to the California Medical Association
- President – Rota Care Bay Area Free Clinics
- Board of Directors – Global Telehealth Network
- Founding Board Member – Sikh Family Center
- Founding member – Guru Nanak Free Medical Clinic, San Jose
- Reviewed for The Permanente Medical Journal
Dr. Padam loves to explore various cuisines and places with opportunities to eat good food and explore dog-friendly walking trails and beaches with her family and Labrador Retriever. In addition, her patients frequently request visits with her working dog, a super gentle and curious chocolate Labrador Retriever – who you may also see around the office.
- Padam, GK. “The Last Morning Glory My Father Saw.” OpMed, 2021, https://opmed.doximity.com/articles/the-last-morning-glory-my-father-saw.
- Padam GK. Why a Hanging Man Dances. Perm J 2015 Summer;19(3):95. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.7812/TPP/14-230.
- Padam, GK. Life Hacks Column / San Mateo County Physician Magazine / June 2017 https://issuu.com/physiciansnewsnetwork/docs/sm_0617_web2
- Padam, GK. How my life steered me to the path of medicine in the SM county magazine pages 8-10, 14. http://issuu.com/smcma/docs/may2015smcp
- Padam, GK. Editor Kaur, M. Spark of Life. Her Name is Kaur, Chapter contribution.
- Padam, GK. Assisting Your Frail and Debilitated Patients, publication date, Feb 2, 2012 San Mateo County Physician Magazine