Gurpreet Padam MD
Dr. Gurpreet K. Padam MD, FAAFP, DipABLM
Dr. Padam is a board-certified Family Medicine and Lifestyle Medicine sub-specialist with a postdoctoral Palliative Medicine Fellowship training from the Interdisciplinary Stanford/VA Palo Alto program and a mini-fellowship in Ethno-Geriatrics from the Stanford Geriatric Education Center.
Dr. Padam’s 20 years of experience includes serving as a Medical Director for Pathways Home Health and Hospice. For over a decade at The Permanente Group/Kaiser Permanente Redwood City in several capacities, including Medical Director of Palliative Care Services, Associate Hospice Medical Director, and Adult Primary Care.
Dr. Padam serves in a leadership capacity for several healthcare organizations at the local, county, and state-level advocating for healthcare legislation, bridging health care disparities, and improving access to care for all people. She relishes the tenderness of the physician-patient relationship. It is no surprise that her favorite part of practicing medicine is getting to know people and what’s important to them.
“The privilege of caring for patients of various life stages has taught me many valuable lessons. I am convinced that it is never too late to enhance a person’s well-being and quality of life. Each person is unique, and there isn’t a “one size fits all”. That is why I foster a supportive partnership with my clients in goal setting and designing a collaborative plan to meet their health care needs.”
She loves to explore various cuisines and places with opportunities to eat good food and explore walking trails with her family and her Labrador Retriever. Dr. Padam likes to incorporate food as medicine in her life and encourages others to adopt healthier life habits. It is why she offers Lifestyle Medicine, Health, and Wellness consultations for adults as a part of our services.
- Board Certified in Family Medicine
- Board Certified Lifestyle Medicine
- Board eligible for Hospice and Palliative Medicine
- Certified National DPP Lifestyle Coach – Certified to facilitate the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) approved evidence based curriculum to prevent Type 2 Diabetes 2021
Awards, Honors and Commendations
- Certificate of Recognition – California State Legislature – community service award 2019
- Certificate of Commendation-community outreach 2019
- Certificate of Commendation County of Santa Clara – community hero award 2019
- Guru Nanak Community Hero – 2019
- Fellow of the American Academy of Family Physicians 2018